Plastics are nothing but synthetic organic high polymers. These are made from resin with or without fillers and pigments. The resin may be natural or synthetic, plastic can be moulded into any desired shape under heat and pressure. its having high molecular weight. it is soft enough and it can be formed in various shape.
Properties of Plastics
- It offers great resistance to moisture, chemical and solvents.
- The plastic is quite durable.
- These are good electrical insulators.
- The plastic can be easily fixed in position.
- They have great resistance to the moisture.
- It is easy to maintain plastic surface. They do not require any protective coat of points.
- They have a low melting point.
- These have low weight, which reduces the transport cost.
- The specific gravity of plastic is 1.3 to 1.4
- These are good sound insulators.
Uses of Plastics
- They are used to make bath and sink units.
- They are used to make corrugated and plain sheets.
- They are used to make overhead tanks, lighting, fixtures, pipes etc..They are used to make films for waterproofing and damp proofing.
- They are used as electrical insulators, thermal insulators and sound insulator.
Thanks for reading this article. Please, don’t forget to share it.