Table of Contents
All Cement Price List Today
Cement is one of the essential and widely used construction materials. Today, without using cement, we can’t imagine any construction work.
After the invention of cement, it replaced materials like lime and clay, commonly used for construction for thousands of years.
Cement is one of the most consumable materials for any construction and has an essential role in any construction costs. Hence it is a must to know its current price.
Cement is a binding material that is widely used in construction work. Under water, cement sets sufficiently and hardens fast and gains strength.
It has hydraulic properties to a great extent and attains more strength in the setting. In actuality, cement is a calcareous substance used in mortar and concrete for construction. Following are the reasons for its popularity and global acceptance.
- It can be produced in controlled conditions in large quantities and is also suitable for packing and transportation for long distances.
- It is ten times stronger than lime and clay.
- It can be easily used with other materials available locally.
- With some precaution, it can be stored for a significant duration.
- When water is added to cement, it starts attaining strength in under 30 minutes and gains considerable strength after 24 to 48 hours. In contrast, other materials take a long time.
- When water is mixed with cement, it generates less heat. In contrast, when water is added to lime, it generates more heat.
- Cement has a better ability to resist compressive stresses.
- It bonds well with steel.
- It is produced from materials like slime, silica, alumina, fly ash, etc. which are abundantly available.
Commonly Used Cement In Construction
Two types of cement are most commonly used for construction.
- Ordinary Portland Cement
- Portland Pozzolana Cement
Ordinary Portland Cement
OPC is the most accepted type of cement primarily used for almost every construction work. Following are the advantages of OPC.
- It attains significant strength in the initial setting.
- It comes in three grades that are 33, 43, and 53 grade.
- The curing period of OPC is less than PPC.
Nowadays, OPC 33-grade cement is rarely used. OPC 43-grade is used for Plain cement concrete, and Reinforced cement concrete works for the concrete grade up to M30. Also, it is suitable for brickwork, stone masonry, plastering, tiling, flooring, pathway, etc.
Portland Pozzolana Cement
Nowadays, PPC has become the first choice because it contains pozzolanic material, improves the concrete strength, and satisfies the green building criteria.
As a result, nowadays, most OPC manufacturers are moving to PPC. The advantages of using PPC are as follows.
- It has better workability.
- It is an ideal option for mass concreting.
- It has better resistance to the attack of chemicals.
- It is less permeable and suitable for waterproof structures.
- The durability of concrete structures made by using PPC cement is higher than OPC.
- Its cost is slightly less than OPC.
When deciding between OPC and PPC, you should consider the days you need to remove the Shuttering or formwork. The concrete mix prepared using PPC takes more time to set than OPC. Therefore decide accordingly.
All Cement Rate List Today
Following are the per bag price for different cement brands.
OPC 53 Grade Cement Price
|Cement Brand||Cement Grade||Price In (Rs)|
|JK Lakshmi Cement||53||390|
OPC 43 Grade Cement Price List
|Cement Brand||Cement Grade||Price In (Rs)|
|JK Lakshmi Cement||43||320|
Portland Pozzolana Cement Price List
|Cement Brand||Price In (Rs)|
|JK Lakshmi Cement||345|
Note – The price of cement bags mentioned above may vary as per your locality.
What Is the Typical Cost of Cement in India?
Cement prices in India vary widely based on things including where you buy it, what brand it is, and how good it is.
Cement in India costs between Rs. 300 and Rs. 400 per 50-kilogram bag in 2023.
It’s worth noting, though, that supply and demand, shipping expenses, and government regulations can all affect prices.
Furthermore, prices may differ by location and market conditions. Checking with regional vendors and manufacturers is the best bet for obtaining up-to-the-minute pricing details.
India’s Top 5 Leading Cement Producers
India is home to a plethora of cement manufacturers, however a few of the best are highlighted below.
If you’re looking for the biggest cement maker in India, go no further than UltraTech Cement. It can produce 116.75 MTPA across the entire country of India.
ACC Limited, with a capacity of 33 MTPA, is one of the oldest cement businesses in India. Its influence is particularly notable in the country’s centre and eastern areas.
Ambuja Cements has a capacity of 29.65 MTPA and operates as a subsidiary of the Swiss firm LafargeHolcim. Its innovative methods and commitment to sustainability have made it a household name.
Shree Cement is a major cement producer in northern India, with an annual output of 33 metric tonnes per hour (MTPA). It also owns multiple captive power plants, making it a major player in the electricity industry.
A major cement manufacturer in northern India, JK Cement has a 14 MTPA production capacity and is a market leader in the region. It has earned a reputation for its eco-friendly business methods and top-notch offerings.
These are only a few of the many cement manufacturers in India; the sector is highly competitive. This is by no means an all-inclusive list, but it does highlight some of the key participants in the industry.
Cement Consumption In India
The cement consumption from 2012 to 2022 is shown in the graph below.
Best Cement Brands In India
- UltraTech Cement
- Ambuja Cement
- ACC Cement
- Shree Cement
- Birla Cement
- JK Cement
- Binani Cement
- Jaypee Cement
- Dalmia Cement
- India Cement
All Cement Price List Per Bag 2023